You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air stops charging

Can someone tell me what the issue is when the MacBook Air stops charging? It has been charging on and on for some time now. It initially started after I did a software update few months ago and the issue comes back sometimes ..... Can anyone help??

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 11:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 6:12 PM

The only option applicable to your Mac is to reset the SMC: How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac.

Keep the MagSafe connections clean: Apple Portables: Troubleshooting power adapters. Steps 7 and 8.

4 replies

Jun 29, 2020 5:21 PM in response to John Galt

It just stopped charging immediately after I updated it few months ago @JohnGalt. I plug it in yet the orange light wasn’t coming on, after an extended period of time the orange light came on, it charged it to maybe 10% then it was stuck at 10% for days. This went on for a few days where orange light comes on which means it’s charging (yet it was stuck for days while I left it on charger) but the green light didn’t come on until 1 or 2 weeks after. Same thing happened again for the past 2 weeks. It’s hasn’t been charging that is the orange light only came on when I plug it in and it was stuck at 17% for days until It finally charged to 100%. Then I updated it and it’s seems to be charging now. Not sure if this is another temporary fix like what happened before.

Is this a software issue or is something wrong with the charger ??? Help ?

MacBook Air stops charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.