You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Storage

How can I purchase more storage for my iPad? I have the latest classic version, nothing fancy with 32GB of storage. I know how to purchase more iCloud storage, but I don't think thats what I need. I'm only using 14GB of my 50GB of iCloud storage. I'm trying to buy more storage on the device itself.

Additionally "Media" is taking up more than half of my storage, and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is to delete it. I've offloaded apps, cleared my web browsing data, delted any unused apps, really all recommendations to free up storage.

Any help is appreciated!

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 10:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 11:02 AM

Your internal storage is fixed for the life of you iPad. It is impossible to add additional internal storage - other than by replacing your iPad.

It is possible to subscribe to additional iCloud storage - but this storage is not a substitute or replacement for internal storage. Your AppleID has a “free” 5GB iCloud storage - from which you can subscribe to higher storage tiers (the first being 50GB for $1 per calendar month (or local currency equivalent).

When purchasing an iPad, you should think very carefully about about the internal storage. The general rule of thumb is to always buy an iPad with as much internal storage as you can afford - as the storage cannot be expanded. Better to have more storage than you need, than to need more storage than you have!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 30, 2020 11:02 AM in response to Jsylvest_

Your internal storage is fixed for the life of you iPad. It is impossible to add additional internal storage - other than by replacing your iPad.

It is possible to subscribe to additional iCloud storage - but this storage is not a substitute or replacement for internal storage. Your AppleID has a “free” 5GB iCloud storage - from which you can subscribe to higher storage tiers (the first being 50GB for $1 per calendar month (or local currency equivalent).

When purchasing an iPad, you should think very carefully about about the internal storage. The general rule of thumb is to always buy an iPad with as much internal storage as you can afford - as the storage cannot be expanded. Better to have more storage than you need, than to need more storage than you have!

iPad Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.