You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to install the iPadOS 113.5.1update to my iPad Pro.

I cannot instal iPadOS 13.5.1. It gets stuck on “verifying update” forever, although I have only let it try for about 12 hours. Internet connection speed is 200 up and down fiber optic with wifi spread aproaching ethernet speed. Downloads fine, and yes, I have already deleted and redowloaded multiple times with same results. I have plenty of available space. Anybody have additional advice? Thanks soooooo much.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 4:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 4:36 PM

Honestly, if you can't complete the update over the air, connect your iPad Pro to your home computer and do the update using iTunes or Finder.

See this link --> Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

See the section about update using your computer

5 replies

Jul 1, 2020 5:48 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Well of course, but the whole point is to understand WHY the update will not complete as usual, and to avoid the same issue in the future. What I want to know is what specific issues are the root cause of this problem, and how do I repair it. Just changing to update via the computer does not do that. I am a former engineer, which makes this about much more than just completing the update by another means. I want it to make it work the way it was intended. But thanks.

Jul 1, 2020 5:52 PM in response to RandyK56

Here's where we disagree. The ultimate goal is to get the update. Not how you got the update. I can't tell you from my couch why you're update failed. I can offer another way to get the update. If you feel it's more important to do an update over the air (many people don't ever do updates over the air, preferring to use their computer), then I'd recommend scheduling an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar and let them help diagnose it for you.

Jul 1, 2020 7:21 PM in response to lobsterghost1

I totally get what you are saying! I am just a geek who wants to do a deep dive into what is going on. I am under extended warranty, so I may be off to the Genius Bar at some point. But I have to try to work through it a bit more. I started with a 128K Mac in 1987, and I like to fiddle. That’s just me. Thanks so much for your help.

I am unable to install the iPadOS 113.5.1update to my iPad Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.