You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant get past this point OS install

I’m trying to reinstall OS have wiped the hard drive (there is a recovery hard drive I can’t seem to access), seem to be stuck in a loop accessing an Apple ID, (to reinstall OS) have tried a few different Apple IDs but can’t get past this point - Any suggestions very appreciated thank you

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 12:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 7:35 AM

Have you tried restarting while holding down the command - R key so you are booted into the Recovery Partition?

See some other options in the article below.

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

3 replies

Jul 2, 2020 7:51 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric thanks for your reply i appreciate it

Yes, I have held down the command - R key so am booted into the Recovery Partition

I can use this to erase the Hard Drive (except what appears to be a partition with an OS reinstaller on it which i can't erase)

After erasing i go to reinstall OS and then get stuck in a loop on the access Apple App Store page.. (to redownload OS i presume), wont get past that screen just loops around and have tried with a few different Apple IDs

cheers, Dan

cant get past this point OS install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.