You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari autofill password nightmare

Hi all,

There are many websites I use where the password is never the same e.g. "Please enter characters 1, 3 and 8 of your memorable word) and each character goes into a separate box.

Whenever safari sees this, it's autofills the form with a secure and randomly generated password. Then If I click the box to enter the correct details, safari doesn't let me, I have to click away from the box, then click around until finally "Use my own password" appears.

It's so annoying I can't even begin to describe it. Is there a way for me to disable this automatic password generation crap without disabling autofilling of my saved passwords?

And I still can't get over the name Big Sur or the iOS style icons in macOS, they're so ugly on the iPhone, now I will have to see them on the Mac...

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 5:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 11:31 AM

Have you tried going to Safari/Preferences/Autofill/Edit to remove the websites where you don't want autofill suggestions?

1 reply

Safari autofill password nightmare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.