You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail - any way to increase zoom level permanently (like in Safari and other apps)

Is it possible in Apple Mail to increase the default zoom? I recently bought a larger screen and my resolution is higher now, so everything I'm reading appears MUCH smaller. Is there a way to increase the default text size/zoom in Apple Mail? I know how to do it temporarily (Cmd +), and you can increase the text size of mails and such (but this still leaves the menus really tiny), but want to do it so it defaults to a higher zoom level.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 11:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 12:26 AM

Try to change the values in Mail's Preferences... -> Fonts & Colors.

The sidebar text size is possible to set system-wide in System Preferences -> General -> Sidebar icon size.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Mail - any way to increase zoom level permanently (like in Safari and other apps)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.