You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Add image to photos' not working properly

I've just switched from an iMac to a MacBook Pro and am still trying to find my way round.

My problem is that when I want to save an image from Safari to Photos, I right click the image and hit 'Add image to photos.' When I go to Photos the image is there in the 'Recents' tab but it's not in the 'Photos' tab, and it's also not there when I go to upload the photo to the web (through Twitter or a web form, say).

I never had this issue with my iMac so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. One thing I notice is that on my iMac what used to happen is when I added an image the Photos icon on the dock would bounce to show a new photo. But now when I add an image from Safari what happens is the Safari window goes gray, to show it's been deselected, and there's no Photo icon bounce. Is this a clue as to what's going wrong?

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 3:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 6:49 AM

When you are seeing the saved image in Imports, it has been added to your library. You may not be seeing the photo in Photos however, if the capture date of the photo is very old. Then it may be sorted in All Photos many years back. Which date are you seeing for the imported photo in the Info for the photo?

To find the photo in All Photos, select the photo in "Imports", then ctrl-click or right-click it, and select "Show in All Photos". Does this reveal the photo?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 3, 2020 6:49 AM in response to Christopher Ivins

When you are seeing the saved image in Imports, it has been added to your library. You may not be seeing the photo in Photos however, if the capture date of the photo is very old. Then it may be sorted in All Photos many years back. Which date are you seeing for the imported photo in the Info for the photo?

To find the photo in All Photos, select the photo in "Imports", then ctrl-click or right-click it, and select "Show in All Photos". Does this reveal the photo?

'Add image to photos' not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.