You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound in tv

I’m using an apple AV lightning adaptor to put my iPad on my tv and I’m getting audio from the iPad and nothing comes out of the tv. Volume is turned up loud for both devices. When I watch YouTube it comes out of the TV but for zoom meetings and Google meet the audio is only on the iPad. Please help me

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 6:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 7:40 AM

Your iPad is operating as designed.

For communication and conference Apps, iPad will route audio to the same device as the where the microphone is located (i.e., the iPad). Routing audio in this manner allows the iPad to apply effective noise/echo cancellation - and feedback suppression - that would otherwise be impossible.

For media displayed over an AirPlay or HDMI connection (where audio input from a microphone is not utilised), audio is directed to the external downstream device(s).

I hope this clarification and technical explanation is helpful to you.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 3, 2020 7:40 AM in response to J_B47

Your iPad is operating as designed.

For communication and conference Apps, iPad will route audio to the same device as the where the microphone is located (i.e., the iPad). Routing audio in this manner allows the iPad to apply effective noise/echo cancellation - and feedback suppression - that would otherwise be impossible.

For media displayed over an AirPlay or HDMI connection (where audio input from a microphone is not utilised), audio is directed to the external downstream device(s).

I hope this clarification and technical explanation is helpful to you.

No sound in tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.