You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gifting on iTunes with no credit card on file

Hi.

I have no credit card on file for my iTunes. Everytime I want to make a purchase I buy myself a gift card and then redeem code so I can buy apps and music.

Recently I tried to gift a song to someone else but was kept being asked for billing information. But I have more than enough funds on my account so unsure why I need a credit card on file?

I really dont want to link my credit card to my itunes just to make a gift. And I have the money on my account from the gift card i redeemed.

Can someone please help me to make the gift without adding credit card or payment details?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 11:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 12:03 PM

Hello ILX,

The iTunes Store, like most other online retailers, does not allow the balance from a gift card to be used for the purchase of gifts. To buy a gift, you will need to use a credit card.

1 reply

Gifting on iTunes with no credit card on file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.