You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does the fan immediately come on when I start my MacBook Air, even if it's been shutdown for more than 18 hours?

Why does the fan immediately come on when I start my MacBook Air, even if it's been shutdown for more than 18 hours? The fan stays on; it does not turn off. I tried restarting it and shutting it down, again; but the fan is still there. Why?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 2:00 PM

2 replies

Jul 5, 2020 7:51 PM in response to neuroanatomist

Thank you, "neuroanatomist," for taking time to respond; I appreciate it. At first glance, I did not find anything using too much power, but I honestly did not know what all those numbers meant/mean.

Based on your given steps, I searched apple.support.com for "Activity Monitor." There is a guide! I am going to go through the guide and then go back to the Activity Monitor.

Thanks again!

Why does the fan immediately come on when I start my MacBook Air, even if it's been shutdown for more than 18 hours?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.