You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Large monitor continuous screen

I have a large monitor that requires dual DVI inputs which I manage through a Cable Matters Thunderbolt adapter on my Macbook Pro 15in 2017. Here is the problem: when I use the mac OS, it treats the monitor as two separate spaces so that documents must be entirely in one half or the other. If I run Win10 (or 7) on Parallels, the monitor appears as a single large space allowing the documents to be placed anywhere.

How do I setup my OS to create a single large continuous viewing space?

thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 4:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 2:04 PM

Hi jbmcan,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you'd like your display to be a continuous viewing space when you have an external monitor connected to your Mac. We can see why this would be convenient; we can help. You can use these steps to accomplish what you'd like to see:

• Open System Preferences > Mission Control > Uncheck "Displays have separate Spaces"
  • Restart the Mac for the changes to take effect.

For additional information about Mission Control preferences, check out this resource: Change Mission Control preferences on Mac

Best Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 9, 2020 2:04 PM in response to jbmcan

Hi jbmcan,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you'd like your display to be a continuous viewing space when you have an external monitor connected to your Mac. We can see why this would be convenient; we can help. You can use these steps to accomplish what you'd like to see:

• Open System Preferences > Mission Control > Uncheck "Displays have separate Spaces"
  • Restart the Mac for the changes to take effect.

For additional information about Mission Control preferences, check out this resource: Change Mission Control preferences on Mac

Best Regards.

Large monitor continuous screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.