You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Portrait not working on iPhone 7 plus

I recently updated my 7plus to iOS 13.5.1 and now I can’t use my portrait mode. It isn’t working at all. What could be the problem

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 11:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 11:05 AM

Hi PrinceLufupa,

Thanks for getting back to us with those details. Were you able to try the steps we suggested? Are other camera modes working as expected?

If so and you're still having trouble using Portrait mode, we'd suggest that you use the following steps to reinstall iOS to your device. First, make sure you have a recent backup: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Next, use the steps titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" in the following resource. These steps will erase the iOS currently installed and replace it with a new copy. Please be sure to closely follow step four and choose to "Update" in order to prevent data loss: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know the results.

Take Care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 11, 2020 11:05 AM in response to PrinceLufupa

Hi PrinceLufupa,

Thanks for getting back to us with those details. Were you able to try the steps we suggested? Are other camera modes working as expected?

If so and you're still having trouble using Portrait mode, we'd suggest that you use the following steps to reinstall iOS to your device. First, make sure you have a recent backup: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Next, use the steps titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" in the following resource. These steps will erase the iOS currently installed and replace it with a new copy. Please be sure to closely follow step four and choose to "Update" in order to prevent data loss: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know the results.

Take Care.

Jul 11, 2020 9:13 AM in response to PrinceLufupa

Hi PrinceLufupa,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that after updating your iPhone to iOS 13.5.1 you're unable to use Portrait mode. We know what a great feature this is to use; we'd like to help. We'd suggest starting with these steps:

If the behavior continues, please provide these details:

What happens when you try to use Portrait mode? Do you see an error or is the screen black?

Are you able to use the other camera modes without issue? Use camera modes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Best Regards.

Portrait not working on iPhone 7 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.