You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All the data in Files App is gone. What can I do to recover them?

I had stored various files in Files App (where it says "on this iPhone"). I just noticed everything is gone. And nothing is shown in "recently deleted files".

I recently upgraded icloud drive to 200GB and uploaded all the pictures on icloud. I think this is one thing I did which is unusual. Could this be the reason?

Thanks for any advice.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 11:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 1:31 AM

This has nothing to do with iCloud Account or Drive. One note of caution!

You have not uploaded to iCloud Photos, what you have done is synced to iCloud Photos. If you delete any photos from iPhone it will gone from iCloud Photos too.

Now coming to the Files App. Since you said "on this iPhone", kindly recall which had stored all those files. If those apps are deleted all your data from Files app are gone. Unless those files are stored in cloud of those apps.

Watch this GIF below

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 8, 2020 1:31 AM in response to 真理257

This has nothing to do with iCloud Account or Drive. One note of caution!

You have not uploaded to iCloud Photos, what you have done is synced to iCloud Photos. If you delete any photos from iPhone it will gone from iCloud Photos too.

Now coming to the Files App. Since you said "on this iPhone", kindly recall which had stored all those files. If those apps are deleted all your data from Files app are gone. Unless those files are stored in cloud of those apps.

Watch this GIF below

All the data in Files App is gone. What can I do to recover them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.