You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung TV Apple TV does not have app store.

Hello I have Apple TV through my Samsung Smart TV I cant seem to find the App Store. Is this normal? Or is the App Store only available on the actual Apple TV hardware?

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 9:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 9:51 AM

Samsung may have its own smart TV App Store, but not the Apple tvOS App Store.

Only Apple TV set-top boxes (4th generation or later) have an Apple tvOS App Store.

The Apple TV app on supported smart TVs features these services (not other apps or services):

• access to the iTunes Store catalog for movies and TV shows (buy or rent);
  • Apple TV+ featuring Apple Original shows (subscription);
  • Apple TV app Channels, re-distributed from other premium content providers (subscriptions).

The Apple TV app on smart TVs is not a full substitute for the Apple TV set-top box.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 9, 2020 9:51 AM in response to Ron_7

Samsung may have its own smart TV App Store, but not the Apple tvOS App Store.

Only Apple TV set-top boxes (4th generation or later) have an Apple tvOS App Store.

The Apple TV app on supported smart TVs features these services (not other apps or services):

• access to the iTunes Store catalog for movies and TV shows (buy or rent);
  • Apple TV+ featuring Apple Original shows (subscription);
  • Apple TV app Channels, re-distributed from other premium content providers (subscriptions).

The Apple TV app on smart TVs is not a full substitute for the Apple TV set-top box.

Samsung TV Apple TV does not have app store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.