You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Game to download

I have another Apple ID which had games on it and since I changed my ID I want to redownload then without having to pay for it again how do I sign into the other I’d to download then onto my new ID. PS I only have an iPhone I can’t connect to a computer for this.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 12:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 12:30 PM

You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

2 replies

Jul 9, 2020 12:21 PM in response to Joeyrugs

You'll have to pay again. This is your problem: What to do when the Mac App Store shows a different Apple ID for software updates https://www.macworld.com/article/3267709/mac-app-store-apple-id.html. This document refers to a prior owner, but is also applies to cases where a current owner's old Apple ID is the problem.

Basically, If an app is purchased/downloaded using one Apple ID, then you can't update it with with another Apple ID. The app is inextricably linked to the first Apple ID. You'll have to delete it and repurchase/download it again with the second Apple ID. 

Old Game to download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.