You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud acct.

I received an automated phone message

saying someone was trying to get into my iCloud account. Press 1 for Apple Support. I did and a gentleman answered, he said 2 attempts to get into my iCloud account were Made in the last 24 hours from Delaware and Houston. I asked what I needed to do and he said he’d walk me through it. He asked to go to my settings.

I didn’t feel comfortable because the number on my screen said caller unknown. I told him I would contact Apple.com for support.

So here I am. Was this call a scam or legit. Please help me to know what I should do.

Linda Curtis

iPhone X

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 4:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 4:49 PM

It was a scam.

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 9, 2020 4:49 PM in response to manywaters

It was a scam.

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

ICloud acct.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.