You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are the default fonts for slideshows in Photos?

Title is the question. I want to add some video clips and would like to add titles to the video. Doing it in Photos is undesirable because they stay in for the length of the clip.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 11:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 6:01 PM

Well, the answer to this was simple. Apple support knew.

You highlight a text in the Photos slideshow. Then in Edit you go down to Font in the new box select show fonts. A box with the fonts on you machine appears. The highlighted font is your font.

4 replies

Jul 15, 2020 5:45 AM in response to telefrankchi

Good afternoon telefrankchi,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you are wanting to add titles to your video clips, controlling the length and the font of the title. Since you don't want to do this in the Photos app, we would suggest using iMovie or Final Cut Pro X to create a slideshow or movie. Each title has default font applied to it, but you can change that to any font on your computer.

The resources below will help you address this issue:

iMovie for Mac: Add titles

Add titles in Final Cut Pro - Final Cut Pro X User Guide

Take care.

Jul 15, 2020 3:16 PM in response to ryane77

Thank you replying. But I know all this already. I am adding video into a slide show. Since I have no control over ins and outs of titles in Photos I am cuting the video's in iMovie where I can control the titles. I want the fonts to match each other. That being the ones in the video and the ones in the slideshow. So what are the default fonts for slideshows in Photos?

What are the default fonts for slideshows in Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.