You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't change location services on my compass WHY? It's stuck on Never.

I just got a new apple watch today, and was checking out the compass, it asked if I wanted to allow location services but accidentally hit no. I have gone to settings, Privacy, location services and clicked on compass I have 3 options Never (which is checked) and Ask Next Time and While Using the App. Assuming I could change it with a tap on other options, but nope. Can't get rid of the check mark on the Never option. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your time and help.

Ronna

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 1:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 6:45 AM

Hello ronnaenzo,

It sounds like you're unable to change Location Services settings for the Compass app on your Apple Watch. We'd like to help you get to the bottom of this.

If you've been unable to change the settings on your Apple Watch, try adjusting them in Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Compass, on the iPhone it's paired with. Settings for Location Services are managed in iPhone Settings and then mirrored to your iPhone.

Let us know if "Never" is still selected in your Apple Watch after changing it on your iPhone.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 15, 2020 6:45 AM in response to ronnaenzo

Hello ronnaenzo,

It sounds like you're unable to change Location Services settings for the Compass app on your Apple Watch. We'd like to help you get to the bottom of this.

If you've been unable to change the settings on your Apple Watch, try adjusting them in Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Compass, on the iPhone it's paired with. Settings for Location Services are managed in iPhone Settings and then mirrored to your iPhone.

Let us know if "Never" is still selected in your Apple Watch after changing it on your iPhone.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Can't change location services on my compass WHY? It's stuck on Never.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.