You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add rule above footer

I would like a 1pt rule to separate my footer from the text. In Word, I would select the footer box and assign a border to the top line of the box. In Pages I can get a rule to appear above any text that is inserted into the box, but it will not cover the entire width of the box. Help?

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 5:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 8:00 PM

In Pages, you insert a horizontal line (shape) between the margins, set Text Wrap to None in the Arrange panel, and then move it to the preferred document location.

Now, with the rule selected, visit Arrange menu : Section Masters : Move Objects to Section Master. The rule is now in the background, and will appear on every page in the section. To see the rule on subsequent sections, select Documents panel : Section tab, and select Match previous section.

Apple has restored the Section tab in the Documents panel of Pages 10.1 from the nonsense in Pages 10.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 10, 2020 8:00 PM in response to redcedar

In Pages, you insert a horizontal line (shape) between the margins, set Text Wrap to None in the Arrange panel, and then move it to the preferred document location.

Now, with the rule selected, visit Arrange menu : Section Masters : Move Objects to Section Master. The rule is now in the background, and will appear on every page in the section. To see the rule on subsequent sections, select Documents panel : Section tab, and select Match previous section.

Apple has restored the Section tab in the Documents panel of Pages 10.1 from the nonsense in Pages 10.

Add rule above footer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.