You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac book air will be freezing if leaving it standby overnight, it was purchased only recently.

As above

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 5:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 6:01 PM

I do not know which MacBook Air that you have and also I do not know which macOS you are running on it. You said you bought i recently so I am going to assume that it is a 2020 MacBook Air.

Can you try the following two basic troubleshooting steps to address the overnight standby (Sleep) mode? Please see below-

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM.

Hope one of the above steps resolves the MacBook Air Sleep N Freeze issue.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 11, 2020 6:01 PM in response to daming145

I do not know which MacBook Air that you have and also I do not know which macOS you are running on it. You said you bought i recently so I am going to assume that it is a 2020 MacBook Air.

Can you try the following two basic troubleshooting steps to address the overnight standby (Sleep) mode? Please see below-

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM.

Hope one of the above steps resolves the MacBook Air Sleep N Freeze issue.

Axel F.

my mac book air will be freezing if leaving it standby overnight, it was purchased only recently.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.