You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

replace screen on ipad 7 gen

Hi, I’ve just dropped my 7th generation iPad and the screen has a hole in the top left corner and cracks over most of it. It does still work, however, and I’m typing out this post on it.

I'm in the UK.

How much will it cost to have the screen replaced.

I don’t have AppleCare+. I can’t understand the info on the support page. Is it saying I can have a brand new one for £ 256.44 (out of warranty fee)? Do they need my broken one in exchange?

Thank you in advance for replies

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 7:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 7:55 AM

Yes you will exchange your old broken one for the new one. The out of warranty replacement is essentially you trading in your old one for a refurbished replacement.

so be sure to back up the old one before you take it in (honestly with screen damage I’d back it up right now because it may work fine for weeks or it may die tomorrow)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 12, 2020 7:55 AM in response to bigel64

Yes you will exchange your old broken one for the new one. The out of warranty replacement is essentially you trading in your old one for a refurbished replacement.

so be sure to back up the old one before you take it in (honestly with screen damage I’d back it up right now because it may work fine for weeks or it may die tomorrow)

replace screen on ipad 7 gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.