You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo's Back up

If my System's Photo's library is on an external hard drive, will Time Machine still back my photos? -Dave

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 9:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 10:17 AM

Yes. Time Machine should backup your boot drive and all mounted EHDs. You can check to make sure the EHD is being backed up by opening the TM drive and looking inside one of the backup folders. You'll see something like this:

This shows my boot drive and two external HDs. The others are system/TM items to be ignored.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 13, 2020 10:17 AM in response to Dasc427

Yes. Time Machine should backup your boot drive and all mounted EHDs. You can check to make sure the EHD is being backed up by opening the TM drive and looking inside one of the backup folders. You'll see something like this:

This shows my boot drive and two external HDs. The others are system/TM items to be ignored.

Photo's Back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.