You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

finding archive utility app and uninstalling winzip?

i have zip files that now default to WINZIP which i downloaded for a demo and never uninstalled. can someone remind me how to uninstall it again?

ALSO, i am trying to set ZIPPED files to open with ARCHIVE UTILITY but i don't see anywhere to set this with the OPEN WITH dialogs. i checked in the UTILITY FOLDER in applications but it is not there. i forget if this is something obvious or what.

THANKS

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 11:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 4:52 PM

Refunds

Anyone who has purchased the product from the WinZip store* within 30 days can get a refund of the purchase price. If you want to arrange a refund, please contact WinZip Service or mail a request to:

WinZip Computing

PO Box 540

Mansfield, CT 06268-0540

USA

Please include your name, order number, and postal address in your request.

To qualify for a refund, please remove the software from any computers on which you've installed it. Also, please destroy the CD, if you received one.

The best way to remove WinZip Mac from your computer is as follows:

1. Click the WinZip icon on the dock
  2. Click the WinZip drop down menu and then the Uninstall menu item

Then contact WinZip Service, state that you have removed the software from any computers on which you've installed it (and have destroyed the CD if applicable), and also state that you will no longer be using the software.

*Note: If you have purchased WinZip through the Apple Store and believe you are in need of a refund, you must contact the Apple Store. WinZip Computing has no records of Apple Store purchases and no way to process a refund for the same.

https://support.winzip.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011962448-WinZip-for-Mac-Troubleshooting-Tips

Do a Get Info on an mpg4 file. CMD+i keys, then 2/3rds the way down look forOpen With..., select the App & click on the Change All button.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 15, 2020 4:52 PM in response to hotwheels22

Refunds

Anyone who has purchased the product from the WinZip store* within 30 days can get a refund of the purchase price. If you want to arrange a refund, please contact WinZip Service or mail a request to:

WinZip Computing

PO Box 540

Mansfield, CT 06268-0540

USA

Please include your name, order number, and postal address in your request.

To qualify for a refund, please remove the software from any computers on which you've installed it. Also, please destroy the CD, if you received one.

The best way to remove WinZip Mac from your computer is as follows:

1. Click the WinZip icon on the dock
  2. Click the WinZip drop down menu and then the Uninstall menu item

Then contact WinZip Service, state that you have removed the software from any computers on which you've installed it (and have destroyed the CD if applicable), and also state that you will no longer be using the software.

*Note: If you have purchased WinZip through the Apple Store and believe you are in need of a refund, you must contact the Apple Store. WinZip Computing has no records of Apple Store purchases and no way to process a refund for the same.

https://support.winzip.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011962448-WinZip-for-Mac-Troubleshooting-Tips

Do a Get Info on an mpg4 file. CMD+i keys, then 2/3rds the way down look forOpen With..., select the App & click on the Change All button.

finding archive utility app and uninstalling winzip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.