You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud

I can’t back up my iCloud on my iPhone as its saying the next backup is over 5 gigs.

My next back up is only 500megs as I deliberately turn off back ups so I don’t have to buy more storage.

pls see attached image.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 5:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 3:33 AM

The next backup size is incremental. The 5.11GB is the full, total size of your backup and the 498MB is what is being backed up with the next backup. This is a screenshot of my iPad. The actual size of my iCloud backup is 5.54GB with the next backup being 198MB.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 16, 2020 3:33 AM in response to HanChewy

The next backup size is incremental. The 5.11GB is the full, total size of your backup and the 498MB is what is being backed up with the next backup. This is a screenshot of my iPad. The actual size of my iCloud backup is 5.54GB with the next backup being 198MB.

Jul 15, 2020 5:55 PM in response to HanChewy

If your current backup is 5.11GB you certainly cannot add to it.

You can delete the current backup and start all over again, in Settings>Your Name>iCloud>Manage Storage>Your Device Name>Delete Backup. If you do that, you will be losing whatever data is in that backup and will start all over again.

iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.