You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have been trying to download this security update for Mojace 10.14.6 for several days. The download hangs up at 1.27gb, and quits.

I have been trying to download this security update for Mojace 10.14.6 for several days. The download hangs up at 1.27gb, and quits. My ISP sees no interruptions in service. Could it be trouble with the file, or ????

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 10:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 10:58 PM

Thank you jeremy and Red. The answer, apparently, was a better internet connection ;-). I tried it from home in safe mode, and as a direct download from Apple, and continued to get hung up. I took it to another location (where internet service does NOT come from a WirelessISP, and it downloaded beautifully on the second or third attempt. Thanks for the help! (FWIW: I was unable to use Red's good advice to connect directly to the router with a cable, as I don't have a Thunderbolt to ethernet cable ... yet.) Thanks again.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 21, 2020 10:58 PM in response to Eau Rouge

Thank you jeremy and Red. The answer, apparently, was a better internet connection ;-). I tried it from home in safe mode, and as a direct download from Apple, and continued to get hung up. I took it to another location (where internet service does NOT come from a WirelessISP, and it downloaded beautifully on the second or third attempt. Thanks for the help! (FWIW: I was unable to use Red's good advice to connect directly to the router with a cable, as I don't have a Thunderbolt to ethernet cable ... yet.) Thanks again.

Jul 20, 2020 11:39 PM in response to Esmite

If you are trying to perform the update through System Preferences> Software Update than make sure your mac is connected to your router via cable rather than relying on WiFi. Do not use the mac while it is downloading or any other devices that share the same internet connection.

Another method you can try is to download the standalone update from here,

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2045?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Once downloaded double-click to install.

I have been trying to download this security update for Mojace 10.14.6 for several days. The download hangs up at 1.27gb, and quits.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.