You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages.app

Why does Messages fail to send messages from my iPhone to an Android phone?

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 12:56 PM

2 replies

Jul 17, 2020 5:02 PM in response to razmee209

Actually, something else is going on. The message I sent was sent from my iMac using the Messages app, which is linked in some way that I don't understand to my iPhone. My message to an android user failed several times, when sent from the iMac. Later I sent the message directly from the iPhone and it reached the Android user just fine, no problem.

Something else strange happens when I send messages from the iMac, using the Messages app. In the app window on the iMac the initial message sent from me does not appear. It doesn't show in the window. But when sent directly from the iPhone, my initial message does appear in the app window on the phone.

As it seems to me, a longtime Mac user (25 years), this strange phenomenon is one among a number of weird things that have come up with OSX Catalina.

Messages.app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.