You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can see my iPad backed up to the cloud. How do I access the actual files that it backed up?

I can see my iPad backed up to the cloud, how do I actually access the files that are included in the backup?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 1:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 1:30 PM

You cannot. The backup is a closed package.

You can see what is set to backup by going to Settings->Account(top of settings)->iCloud->Manage Storage->Backups->Your device name. You'll get a list of content and apps that are being backed up up to iCloud. You can control what gets backed up there.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 17, 2020 1:30 PM in response to Goldwinger2017

You cannot. The backup is a closed package.

You can see what is set to backup by going to Settings->Account(top of settings)->iCloud->Manage Storage->Backups->Your device name. You'll get a list of content and apps that are being backed up up to iCloud. You can control what gets backed up there.

I can see my iPad backed up to the cloud. How do I access the actual files that it backed up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.