You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big font in google in safari?

when I search something on google in the safari the first two results have fonts that are way bigger than what my iphone is set to and then the rest of the results have the normal font size. I double checked in my settings and the font is set to be smaller and there the zoom is off. I only have this problem when I use safari, every other app has the normal font size that my settings is set to. Why does this happen and how can I stop it?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 4:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 4:32 PM

Google sets the font sizes for their pages.

How to avoid that? Well, one way is to switch to the DuckDuckGo search engine, and try again.

DDG is one of the available search engines on iOS, iPadOS, and macOS, and can be the default search engine.

Grumble to Google, if you’d prefer to try that path.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 19, 2020 4:32 PM in response to isabelm97

Google sets the font sizes for their pages.

How to avoid that? Well, one way is to switch to the DuckDuckGo search engine, and try again.

DDG is one of the available search engines on iOS, iPadOS, and macOS, and can be the default search engine.

Grumble to Google, if you’d prefer to try that path.

Big font in google in safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.