You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

switching accounts?

i bought a game on my old iCloud account, but don't use it anymore so i logged into it just to download the game. if i log out of the account with the game on will it uninstall?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 4:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 9:42 AM

Hi beck869,

We understand you are inquiring about an app downloaded with a different Apple ID than you currently use.

Once the app is downloaded, it will not be removed if the Apple ID used in the iTunes & App Stores is changed. However, you may need to re-enter the password for the Apple ID used to download the app in order to update it in future.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 23, 2020 9:42 AM in response to beck869

Hi beck869,

We understand you are inquiring about an app downloaded with a different Apple ID than you currently use.

Once the app is downloaded, it will not be removed if the Apple ID used in the iTunes & App Stores is changed. However, you may need to re-enter the password for the Apple ID used to download the app in order to update it in future.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

switching accounts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.