You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Advance Keynote slides in ZOOM with Mac

I'm using Keynote 10.0 on ZOOM 5.0.4. This must be really simple but I can not figure it out. When I share the screen and the individual slides appear, I advance each slide using the right/left arrow keys. Everything works fine, unless I have to hit the mute button on ZOOM. Once I hit the Mute, the arrow keys no longer work. They will also not work if I change back to Unmute. I must click on the lower left corner of the screen to advance to the next slide, but there is no way to go back a slide. Also, after unmuting, occasionally, the slides begin to advance on their own, which means I have to click through to the end and start again until I get to the appropriate slide. I have not found any info on the ZOOM help page that addresses this. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 10:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 11:04 PM

Upgrade your Keynote to 10.1, which came out last week. Then you can run your Keynote presentation in all its glory in Keynote's new windowed presentation function: Play menu > Play Slideshow in Window. Then just use the down arrow on your keyboard to advance bullet by bullet and also to move forward to the next slide. If you want to back up a full slide, then click the back arrow on your keyboard instead of the down arrow.

If you're unable to upgrade to Keynote 10.1 for some reason, then export your presentation to PDF: File menu > Export to > PDF > click Print each stage of builds if you'd like to have it export the file one bullet at a time, one slide at a time. You lose the transition effects, but you can run PDF presentations easily this way within Zoom.

Hope this helps!

LearningAgent

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 20, 2020 11:04 PM in response to SeattleNan

Upgrade your Keynote to 10.1, which came out last week. Then you can run your Keynote presentation in all its glory in Keynote's new windowed presentation function: Play menu > Play Slideshow in Window. Then just use the down arrow on your keyboard to advance bullet by bullet and also to move forward to the next slide. If you want to back up a full slide, then click the back arrow on your keyboard instead of the down arrow.

If you're unable to upgrade to Keynote 10.1 for some reason, then export your presentation to PDF: File menu > Export to > PDF > click Print each stage of builds if you'd like to have it export the file one bullet at a time, one slide at a time. You lose the transition effects, but you can run PDF presentations easily this way within Zoom.

Hope this helps!

LearningAgent

Advance Keynote slides in ZOOM with Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.