You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't reset Screentime passcode

I set a screentime passcode month's ago on my daughter's iPhone that I forgot. It will not allow me to reset the password using the Support instructions. (Tried my Apple ID and her's, cause we don't remember who's ID was used originally.) How do I get past this?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 3:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 3:27 PM

Boom_Boom_123 wrote:

It will not allow me to reset the password using the Support instructions.

Do you mean these instructions?

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

Note iOS 13.4 or higher is required.

If that fails, once a screen time passcode is forgotten, the iPhone must be erased and set up as new.

How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 20, 2020 3:27 PM in response to Boom_Boom_123

Boom_Boom_123 wrote:

It will not allow me to reset the password using the Support instructions.

Do you mean these instructions?

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

Note iOS 13.4 or higher is required.

If that fails, once a screen time passcode is forgotten, the iPhone must be erased and set up as new.

How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jul 20, 2020 3:26 PM in response to Boom_Boom_123

If you mean that you followed the instructions in here, If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support, and it didn't work, you have to be running iOS 13.4 or higher. If you aren't, you can update your phone and then try again.

If you cannot update your phone (if you have the 6s, you should be able to update), then you have to restore the phone as new in order to get rid of the screen time code.

Can't reset Screentime passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.