You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heating up

The bottom of my new MacBook Pro 2020 is heating up. Is it normal or should I contact Apple Support? Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 6:55 AM

2 replies

Aug 11, 2020 11:19 PM in response to asthe_rielle

I am observing the exact same issue on my brand new MBP 13. The entire laptop is hot, including the keys. Will observe it for another few days (wait for all the indexing etc to get over) and see what happens. The only activity that is not normal is the photo library at the moment which must be sorting everything out, that is running at about 18-70% randomly. Really don't think they should be heating up so much. I guess they want to stick to a silent laptop and overheating is a tradeoff. Problem is with this type of heating up all these components are not going to last very long, as my previous MacBook lasted for 10 years. I doubt these new ones are going to last. The new disposable generation of waste.

Heating up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.