You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two iPhones using iTunes

I have two iPhones. My old one is used for white noise soundtrack off iTunes, the other is my every day use phone. I cannot play music while my daughter is napping with the white noise soundtrack and I do not want to pay extra just for this. Do I have any other options to be able to play iTunes music on both of my devices at the same time?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 6:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 6:57 AM

Music downloaded to a device from the iTunes Store or the iTunes application on a Computer can be played regardless of what is playing on another device.

The only time the playback is limited to a single device is when you are using the Apple Music subscription service which is different to iTunes and the iTunes Store. If you are using the same Apple ID on both devices to access Apple Music, then yes, only one device can be paying at a time.

You can if you want to, change the Apple ID on the old phone, and share an Apple Music family plan so you can play music on more than one device at a time.

Otherwise, I would simply download the white noise soundtrack from the iTunes Store (purchase) to the phone rather than using the Apple Music subscription service.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 22, 2020 6:57 AM in response to JasmeneC

Music downloaded to a device from the iTunes Store or the iTunes application on a Computer can be played regardless of what is playing on another device.

The only time the playback is limited to a single device is when you are using the Apple Music subscription service which is different to iTunes and the iTunes Store. If you are using the same Apple ID on both devices to access Apple Music, then yes, only one device can be paying at a time.

You can if you want to, change the Apple ID on the old phone, and share an Apple Music family plan so you can play music on more than one device at a time.

Otherwise, I would simply download the white noise soundtrack from the iTunes Store (purchase) to the phone rather than using the Apple Music subscription service.

Two iPhones using iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.