You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Titles on iPad (IOS)

Apparently Apple allows you to add Titles to each photo in Mac OS Photos, but not in IOS (iPad,) nor can you see the Titles you added on your Mac while viewing them in IOS.

Does Apple have any plans to fix this glaring omission. I say glaring because the time when displaying a descriptive title for any given photo is most useful is when you are browsing & showing photos to friends/family, and that will most likely be on your portable IOS device. That's when you will most likely need a title/caption to remind you of the photos location or date.

It's unlikely you will be asking your family/friends to gather around your desktop Mac just to view all your photos.

It seems like fairly easy coding on Apple's part to add this feature where it's truly needed.

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 8:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 9:28 AM

Currently you can only add titles or descriptions using third-party apps, like Investigate or Metapho.

The upgrade to iOS/iPadOS 14 will bring the ability to add captions to the photos on an iPhone or iPad and to see them displayed below the photo. Itha s been a long wait since Photos came out in 2015. I hope your iPad will support this system version, when it will rereleased in the fall. The captions will sync between your Mac and the mobile devices with iCloud Photos. The captions will replace the descriptions.

See the iOS 14 preview: iOS 14 Preview - Features - Apple

Add context to photos and videos with captions

View and edit captions to add context to your photos and videos, and easily find captions you’ve added in the Search tab. With iCloud Photos enabled, captions sync seamlessly across all your devices.

I would have preferred the titles to be the visible text on my iPad or iPhone. All my photos have titles. But Apple has decided to use the description (captions).

To get ready for Big Sur and iPadOS 14, I am currently batch changing all descriptions to the titles, using this Apple Script: Script: Batch Change the Description to the Title plus the Current Description (Caption)

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 23, 2020 9:28 AM in response to Rhythm Earthsong

Currently you can only add titles or descriptions using third-party apps, like Investigate or Metapho.

The upgrade to iOS/iPadOS 14 will bring the ability to add captions to the photos on an iPhone or iPad and to see them displayed below the photo. Itha s been a long wait since Photos came out in 2015. I hope your iPad will support this system version, when it will rereleased in the fall. The captions will sync between your Mac and the mobile devices with iCloud Photos. The captions will replace the descriptions.

See the iOS 14 preview: iOS 14 Preview - Features - Apple

Add context to photos and videos with captions

View and edit captions to add context to your photos and videos, and easily find captions you’ve added in the Search tab. With iCloud Photos enabled, captions sync seamlessly across all your devices.

I would have preferred the titles to be the visible text on my iPad or iPhone. All my photos have titles. But Apple has decided to use the description (captions).

To get ready for Big Sur and iPadOS 14, I am currently batch changing all descriptions to the titles, using this Apple Script: Script: Batch Change the Description to the Title plus the Current Description (Caption)

Photo Titles on iPad (IOS)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.