You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV 4K site claims Audio Sharing allows multiple AirPods, but Apple Support says it's not correct?

I just bought Apple TV 4K because on the main page, it says (way down near the bottom) "When it’s quiet time, Audio Sharing lets you connect two sets of AirPods to your Apple TV and still enjoy movies and shows with a friend."

But when you actually try to connect a 2nd AirPod it says you can only connect one at a time. Apple Support then told me "it must be a typo". So my only option is to return it (and probably buy a Roku). Anyone figure this out? Is there some way to access Audio Sharing on 4K that we're missing?

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 10:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 12:07 PM

Hello,

You will notice that this page is talking about the upcoming tvOS 14 update that will be available this fall. Audio Sharing will be included in tvOS 14.

3 replies

AppleTV 4K site claims Audio Sharing allows multiple AirPods, but Apple Support says it's not correct?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.