You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Another Other folder on Mac question

How do I delete/remove files from the 'Other' Folder on a MacBook? I have read other topics and cannot seem get a good answer.

The Other folder appears to be different from System folder. I want to update to macOS 10.15.6 but I need 19.97gb of space.

I can see that the Library/Updates folder takes up 14.4gb. This folder contains MacOS Update Combo files which I cannot delete or use. I downloaded Omnisweeper but it did not help.

Other than photos, apps, documents, music and system I am not sure why the Other category is so big. Please help

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 5:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 12:17 PM

Hello, you'll need about 10GB more than what it says you'll need, but there is no other "Folder", to get at those big files you can't use I think you have to disable SIP & then boot from another Drive to trash them.

2 replies

Another Other folder on Mac question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.