You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App suddenly won't open after latest Mojave security update

So I updated to the latest security update in Mojave, and had an application, DocFetcher, suddenly stop working.

Double-clicking on it simply makes the Dock shake for a second. Reinstalling did nothing.

According to [this thread on the DocFetcher forums](https://sourceforge.net/p/docfetcher/discussion/702424/thread/ee550dd7e4/?page=0), this issue -- which affects only some people -- might have something to do with it being from unidentified developers and the Internet. I know Catalina has new restrictions on that, but perhaps this security update also affects them? I'm not sure.

In Security & Privacy preferences, it says "Allow apps downloaded from app store and identified developers"... I've tried control-clicking on the app and opening, etc. -- no dice.

It all seemed to work fine before this update.

Any advice? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 17″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 7:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 9:56 AM

It's not the Catalina update; I downgraded Java from 261 to 251 and DocFetcher worked again ;-)

P.S.: you may post this in sourgeforge since I have no account there...

Similar questions

2 replies

App suddenly won't open after latest Mojave security update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.