You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home button not working

Do I need a new phone or can this be repaired

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 2:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 2:48 PM

On an iPhone 7 there is not an actual physical home button. It is a flat surface, where the home button usually is, and then when you press on that surface then the user is given a haptic feedback to create that button pressing impression.

Regardless, if your "Home Button" function is not working on your iPhone 7 then either you should be feeling that nothing is depressed or there is no reaction from the "home button".

If it is just a home button issue then it can be repaired however I recommend that you have your iPhone examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorize Service Center to get the right repair and estimate.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 24, 2020 2:48 PM in response to Rickeygates78

On an iPhone 7 there is not an actual physical home button. It is a flat surface, where the home button usually is, and then when you press on that surface then the user is given a haptic feedback to create that button pressing impression.

Regardless, if your "Home Button" function is not working on your iPhone 7 then either you should be feeling that nothing is depressed or there is no reaction from the "home button".

If it is just a home button issue then it can be repaired however I recommend that you have your iPhone examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorize Service Center to get the right repair and estimate.

Axel F.

Home button not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.