You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 8 shuts down

NEED HELP!

Another question following the battery drain issue from IOS 13.5.1 upgrade taht is still present when I upgraded on IOS 13.6 I started getting this issue:

Today I wanted to look at something on my instagram and all of a sudden the phone just went black like I turned it off and even though it had battery full 100% it then restarted and said the battery almost empty at 1% then turned off again and showed the battery with red line and when I pluged it in again it said the phone had less then 10% battery.

When I plugged the phone in and left it for just like a min or less the battery jumped back to 99%

I've done a hard restart, allowed the battery to drain down and even did a reset of settings but the phone is still shutting down!!!

What is going on?

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 3:06 AM

1 reply

Jul 29, 2020 7:19 AM in response to moni8181

Hello, moni8181!

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! From your post, it sounds like your iPhone shutdown unexpectedly, even when you had a full charge.

We recommend using the following support article for more information on preventing unexpected shutdowns along with guidance on determining your battery's health:

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

If you notice your battery shows "Performance management applied" or the capacity is 80% or lower, you can look into possible service options for your iPhone: Apple - Support - Product Selection

Cheers!

Iphone 8 shuts down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.