You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If Idelete my photos from my device, will they still be in the iCloud to download to another device?

If I delete my photos to clean up my phone will they still be in the iCloud to access from a different device that has my iCloud account?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 4:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 4:54 AM

If you are using iCloud Photos and you delete a photo, it is deleted everywhere. It will remain in the recently deleted album for 30 days and then it will be gone for good. iCloud is merely a syncing service, not off device storage.

If you backup photos with iCloud and you delete a photo from your phone, when the phone backs up again, that photo will also be deleted because it is no longer on the phone to be included in the backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 25, 2020 4:54 AM in response to Cardboard123

If you are using iCloud Photos and you delete a photo, it is deleted everywhere. It will remain in the recently deleted album for 30 days and then it will be gone for good. iCloud is merely a syncing service, not off device storage.

If you backup photos with iCloud and you delete a photo from your phone, when the phone backs up again, that photo will also be deleted because it is no longer on the phone to be included in the backup.

If Idelete my photos from my device, will they still be in the iCloud to download to another device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.