You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (13-inch,2019) Unexpected shutdown and unresponsive

My laptop unexpectedly shuts down and becomes unresponsive. I have to charge the laptop in order to turn on the screen otherwise, the laptop will not turn on by itself. I have tried resetting SMC and have used it on safe mode. But nothing has helped. Recently it has been a bit frequent as the laptop will turn off every 2 hours of the use and will not turn on by itself. But will turn on when charging. I have also checked the battery's condition and it says 'good' in system report. I was wondering is there any help I could get to fix my laptop?

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 8:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 8:24 AM

jasicka15 wrote:

My laptop unexpectedly shuts down and becomes unresponsive. I have to charge the laptop in order to turn on the screen otherwise, the laptop will not turn on by itself. I have tried resetting SMC and have used it on safe mode. But nothing has helped. Recently it has been a bit frequent as the laptop will turn off every 2 hours of the use and will not turn on by itself. But will turn on when charging. I have also checked the battery's condition and it says 'good' in system report. I was wondering is there any help I could get to fix my laptop?

You do not say what exact mac this is... See if this is you:

If your MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) keeps shutting down

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210615

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 26, 2020 8:24 AM in response to jasicka15

jasicka15 wrote:

You do not say what exact mac this is... See if this is you:

If your MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) keeps shutting down

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210615

MacBook Pro (13-inch,2019) Unexpected shutdown and unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.