You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

view midi for multi tracks at once ?

In some other daws it’s possible, when viewing a tracks midi, to view the other tracks midi as well. It’s usually shown in the piano roll as faded and grayed out notes.

Is their a way to do this in Logic? If not, how can I do something similar?

It appears I can’t even open multiple piano role editors at the same time...

Im using 10.5.

thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 5:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 8:54 AM

OK I see. Thanks. It is just I don't use color that much.

Yes it can be done in Logic. I can see different approaches. Here few pointers:

Open Logic Preferences > General. There is an option to select Regions when selecting a Track.

Right-Click on a track header. There is an option to assign a color to the track.

Local Functions menu of the track Area as option about regions and tracks colors.

In the Midi editor be sure the Link Mode is active. The small "chain" icon at the top of the editor.

Hope that helps,

WD

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 29, 2020 8:54 AM in response to antknee869

OK I see. Thanks. It is just I don't use color that much.

Yes it can be done in Logic. I can see different approaches. Here few pointers:

Open Logic Preferences > General. There is an option to select Regions when selecting a Track.

Right-Click on a track header. There is an option to assign a color to the track.

Local Functions menu of the track Area as option about regions and tracks colors.

In the Midi editor be sure the Link Mode is active. The small "chain" icon at the top of the editor.

Hope that helps,

WD

Jul 29, 2020 8:17 AM in response to Wilddrums

When I select multiple tracks and open the piano roll there is nothing in the midi area. Selecting multiple regions seems to be the only way to display midi notes from multiple tracks.

regarding the color, different colors make distinguishing the midi notes from other tracks easier.

see the attached picture. I think this is from FL Studio, but Cubase does it too.

view midi for multi tracks at once ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.