You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Daily kernal panics

I'm getting daily crashes at this point. Many times it seems to be happening when watching a youtube video on chrome. Other times, i'll be coming back to my macbook and find that it's just turned off because of a crash. I just had my screen and battery replaced, the issues were present before this event, as well as after.

What will happen when watching a video:

video stops playing, and the youtube buffering indicator shows (gray circular animation)

mouse is able to move, but cannot click on anything

mouse turns into a beachball

computer crashed about 1 minute later

Things I've done:

Reset SMC

Reset PRAM

Repaired partitions from diagnostic boot

Attached are the 2 most recent kernal panics:

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 10:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 8:42 AM

Any of these might have caused the panic:

com.crowdstrike.sensor	115.01
org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxDrv	6.1.6
com.intel.kext.intelhaxm	7.5.1

I think VB has version 6.2 out.

I've seen intelHAXM cause panics, as reported here.

No idea what crowdstrike is.

Uninstall them following the developer's instructions or use their uninstaller app.

VB has an uninstaller script on the install dmg.

If the panics stop after uninstalling all of them, you can try installing one at a time to see if that one caused the panic.

I suppose you could uninstall one at a time, too.

If you get them all uninstalled, and it still panics, you likely have a hardware problem. There isn't anything in the panic log that can identify which piece of hardware, though, so you'll have to take it to an Apple Store or Authorized Repair center to have it evaluated.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 29, 2020 8:42 AM in response to doggermogger

Any of these might have caused the panic:

com.crowdstrike.sensor	115.01
org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxDrv	6.1.6
com.intel.kext.intelhaxm	7.5.1

I think VB has version 6.2 out.

I've seen intelHAXM cause panics, as reported here.

No idea what crowdstrike is.

Uninstall them following the developer's instructions or use their uninstaller app.

VB has an uninstaller script on the install dmg.

If the panics stop after uninstalling all of them, you can try installing one at a time to see if that one caused the panic.

I suppose you could uninstall one at a time, too.

If you get them all uninstalled, and it still panics, you likely have a hardware problem. There isn't anything in the panic log that can identify which piece of hardware, though, so you'll have to take it to an Apple Store or Authorized Repair center to have it evaluated.

Daily kernal panics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.