You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K dual bluetooth audio output

Hi,

I am unable two connect two sets of bluetooth headphones at the same time to Apple TV. So when we put kids to bed we want to watch Series as parents and it is not possible unless you have pods. Is there a workaround for this?

Many people say ah it's a bluetooth version issue, but I know it's not. I am able to use two pairs on a Macbook Pro by setting Audio Output to Multiple (BT v.4.1). I can even have 4 different outputs. It would be a great feature to be able to control multi-out on Apple TV too and I am sure it is possible, maybe just not available via software as a setting. Anyone know if we can expect or request this feature in future TV OS updates?

Thanks

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 3:36 AM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2020 3:57 AM in response to Gutenberg13

More users like you have wanted this, and it announced for the upcoming tvOS 14 later this year. As being a software solution without any hardware changes, there may be restrictions for the type of headphone. The exact minimum system requirements for headphones is not specified yet, afaik.

For an immediate solution, consider a dual link bluetooth transmitter adapter for your TV (or audio equipment). E.g. from Avantree.

Apple TV 4K dual bluetooth audio output

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.