You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

junk mail

I use Apple mail. Every time I check my mail, several times a day, there are 2 or 3 or more pieces of junk mail in my junk folder. Is there a way to just delete these automatically or do I have to manually do it every time I check my mail? These junk mails don't show up on my ipad or iphone, just the imac.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 5:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 6:19 AM

Almost daily, I receive campaigns of SPAM that are either replications from the same From address, or a litany of SPAM from different From addresses. What I determined is that they were all usually confined to one Return-Path server address. This is not the Reply To information. I was able to add a new Mail header named Return-Path, which I use in a Mail rule to redirect those incoming SPAM emails to the Trash.

I have an AppleScript that when run, prints a dialog showing the Return-Path address, and the From address for a selected email message. I wrote this to automate extracting the Return-Path server address, so I could write an effective Mail rule. It would help you to determine if the SPAM has a common Return-Path server address.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 30, 2020 6:19 AM in response to Gtrplayer19

Almost daily, I receive campaigns of SPAM that are either replications from the same From address, or a litany of SPAM from different From addresses. What I determined is that they were all usually confined to one Return-Path server address. This is not the Reply To information. I was able to add a new Mail header named Return-Path, which I use in a Mail rule to redirect those incoming SPAM emails to the Trash.

I have an AppleScript that when run, prints a dialog showing the Return-Path address, and the From address for a selected email message. I wrote this to automate extracting the Return-Path server address, so I could write an effective Mail rule. It would help you to determine if the SPAM has a common Return-Path server address.

junk mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.