You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove all photos off shared device?

I have an account that I use for myself on my iphone and my minor child on an ipad. How do I remove all of my photos from the ipad without deleting them from my iphone? And how do I prevent any future photos I take on my iphone from ending up on the ipad?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 7:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 3:11 AM

See Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support - essentially you want to turn those features off rather than enabling them, although in practice if your child has full access to the device and it. is signed into your Apple ID they could always enable cloud photo sharing again. In practice it might make more sense to Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support and give them their own ID which you can then manage. See also Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 1, 2020 3:11 AM in response to HowNow79

See Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support - essentially you want to turn those features off rather than enabling them, although in practice if your child has full access to the device and it. is signed into your Apple ID they could always enable cloud photo sharing again. In practice it might make more sense to Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support and give them their own ID which you can then manage. See also Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

tt2

How to remove all photos off shared device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.