You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do photos from my phone go from icloud to my desktop computer that is also on same icloud account?

when different devices are all logged into same icloud can you see the other photos? and where are they permanently stored? only origianl device? or does it go to hardcopy on imac?

(my imac is not showing photos my phone took that are in the cloud but my phone sees all the photos from my imac that are in the cloud.... thanks

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 8:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 8:54 PM

That depends on the settings on your devices.

If you enable iCloud Photos on your devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad), the systems will (should) work toward having the same photos, videos, albums, and folders in Photos on all your devices; additions, edits, and deletions propagate from device to cloud to other devices. Each device also has a setting that can optimize use of storage for photos and videos on that device when storage gets tight, keeping lower resolution versions on that device; the full resolution versions will be in the cloud and on devices where they are not optimized.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 30, 2020 8:54 PM in response to icloudcrazy112

That depends on the settings on your devices.

If you enable iCloud Photos on your devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad), the systems will (should) work toward having the same photos, videos, albums, and folders in Photos on all your devices; additions, edits, and deletions propagate from device to cloud to other devices. Each device also has a setting that can optimize use of storage for photos and videos on that device when storage gets tight, keeping lower resolution versions on that device; the full resolution versions will be in the cloud and on devices where they are not optimized.

Do photos from my phone go from icloud to my desktop computer that is also on same icloud account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.