You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Web Connection not possible, all other Apps works

Hello Community,

related to the Topic https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6678466 unfortunately i have the same issue with OS X Catalina (newest Patchlevel)!

But in my Case all other Apple related Apps have a connection. So Mail, AppStore end so on working. Only Safari stopp working and try to open a Website after few Days/Weeks from one second to another. Sure a Reboot of the MacBook helps, but i do not want to reboot my MacBook! All other Apps have a Connection! Just Safari stucks.

I have done all Hints that i found in the Web like:

• delete Cache
  • Switch on/off a lot of Safari Settings
  • check Proxy Settings (i don´t use any proxy)
  • check DNS Settings
  • i dont use Antivirus Software or Firewall Stuff
  • and so on...

nothing helps. From Time to time and absolutely unpredictable Safari lost connection to all internet stuff. This issue occures since Mojave and is still present in Catalina. And as i said, all other Programs working and have a connection.

So whats the Plan now? Should i really reboot my Mac every time? Is there no other Solution?

Would be great if there is a good solution for this.

Thanks

Cheers

Ronald

MacBook

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 12:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 6:46 AM

Close Safari. Then while pressing and holding the shift key launch Safari. This will start Safari in a clean state.

If this does not fix the problem try booting in safe mode.

Similar questions

2 replies

Safari Web Connection not possible, all other Apps works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.