You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unfamiliar purchase

My iPhone has paid for a subscription on an app that costed nothing to download but I had not agreed to any continuation of the subscription I also did not even use the app I deleted it about 2 weeks ago because I was taking up space. So why is it that money has been taken from my account to pay for a subscription I did not agree to and I do not even have the app on my phone any longer?

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 6:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 6:20 AM

You did in fact agree to it.

Many free apps will have free trials that renew into paid subscriptions if you don't cancel them. You agree to the free trial and renewal the moment you downloaded the App as per the terms of service of the App store and the App's description.

All these details are by Apple requirement disclosed in the App's description.

Deleting the App does not cancel the subscription.

Go to your subscriptions and cancel it if you don't want it. Follow the steps here: See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

You can contact iTunes Billing for a refund: https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

Next time, read the Apps description and be sure to understand what you are agreeing to when you download it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 30, 2020 6:20 AM in response to margot260

You did in fact agree to it.

Many free apps will have free trials that renew into paid subscriptions if you don't cancel them. You agree to the free trial and renewal the moment you downloaded the App as per the terms of service of the App store and the App's description.

All these details are by Apple requirement disclosed in the App's description.

Deleting the App does not cancel the subscription.

Go to your subscriptions and cancel it if you don't want it. Follow the steps here: See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

You can contact iTunes Billing for a refund: https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

Next time, read the Apps description and be sure to understand what you are agreeing to when you download it.

Unfamiliar purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.