You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Magic Keyboard 2 malfunctions in mac OS Catalina

Recently, on 11th July,2020, I bought new Apple 21.5 inch iMac ,retina display which came with mac OS High Sierra operating system. Both bluetooth devices ( Apple magic mouse 2 and blue tooth keyboard 2 ) worked perfect. Thereafter, on 15th July,2020 I upgraded to mac OS Catalina. Now, I find that under mac OS Catalina, bluetooth mouse works perfectly well, however, bluetooth keyboard malfunctions and due to which some alphabets such as K L , N M and some numerals such as 7 8 9 are not registered when their keys are pressed. I took the keyboard to authorised repair shop who tested on Apple iMac running on os High Sierra and it worked perfectly ok. So ,the problem is that mac OS Catalina may have bugs in operating part or in bluetooth patch. Please offer suggestion/ solutions to remedy. Ramesh Goradia. friday,31st July,2020.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 3:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 4:24 AM

Make sure Mouse Keys is not enabled.

Control the pointer using Mouse Keys on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 31, 2020 11:25 PM in response to dialabrain

The solution suggested by " Dialabrain " is absolutely correct and it has solved the problem. the problem was due to what he described as " enabled mouse keys ". Correct steps were shown to disable this action and it solved the problem. The Apple bluetooth magic keyboard is now working perfectly OK. Thanks for prompt and quick suggestion for the solution. This is very much appreciated. Thaking and with regards. Ramesh Goradia. Mumbai - India. Saturday,1st August,2020.

Apple Magic Keyboard 2 malfunctions in mac OS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.